Gun control is a specific and controversial issue for analysis. When a student is asked to complete an informative and persuasive essay about gun control, he should bear in mind that he is able to use the Internet for his advantage. You can read these simple guidelines to prepare your gun control essay successfully.
- Step One: Explain the Meaning of Gun Control. It is important to provide the reader with the basic information about the meaning of gun control. Gun control is the practice, which is based on the limitation of the sale and possession of firearms. You can say that many countries practice the policy of gun control for different purposes. Mention that the USA differs from the rest of the world, because people are permitted to purchase and possess firearms for self-protection.
- Step Two: Attract the Reader’s Attention with the Help of the Definite Facts. Naturally, you ought to prepare an interesting essay. You can attract the reader’s attention with the help of statistics and the definite facts about the danger of rifles, revolvers and pistols. It is smart to write about the definite cases of violence and terrorism in gun free zones, at the educational institutions or at work. Say that people could have saved their lives if they had the opportunity to possess weapon. On the other hand, you can write about the case when a psychologically ill person kills dozens of people, because she is not responsible for her actions. You can emphasize the importance and necessity of gun control for the wellbeing of the surrounding people.
- Step Three: Write a Few Arguments Supporting the Policy of Gun Control. You should observe the strong and the weak sides of gun control. At first, you can focus on the advantages of this policy. Say that sometimes it is smart to limit the sale and possession of firearms. Many mentally ill people manage to purchase a rifle and cause harm to their neighbors and random citizens. They cannot control their emotions and actions; therefore, they can wound or even murder an innocent person. Secondly, the possession of firearms requires responsibility and maturity. Some people do not know how to use their revolvers and submachine guns and they can cause harm to someone’s health by mistake. Naturally, when one buys a rifle, he should know how to use it. He should possess the license, which states that he has finished the special courses devoted to the owners of firearms.
- Step Four: Write a Few Arguments against Gun Control. Although the majority of countries embody the policy of gun control, you can say that you prefer to possess firearms, because it is safe for your life. Provide the reader with the definite information about the rates of violent crimes in the countries, which support gun control and compare them to the USA. You will see that the rates of violent crimes is lower in the USA, because people can use their rifles for self-protection. A criminal knows that every citizen possesses a revolver or rifle and he will not risk his own life for easy money.
- Step Five: Conclude Your Essay. You ought to summarize your essay professionally. You can write your own conclusion or you can leave some space for suggestion to the reader. In such controversial issues, it is better to complete your gun control essay with the help of the open ending. It is reasonable to write that firearms can reduce the crime rates intensively, but guns should be in the right hands in order to avoid accidents.
Contact our online essay writing service if you need professionally written custom paper on gun control topic.