Abortion is a controversial topic for discussion. There are different points of view about abortion and its legality. Some people support this operation and some struggle against it strictly. It you need to prepare a persuasive essay about abortion, you are able to read these writing tips, which will help you organize your paper professionally:
- Step One: Write about Abortion in General. It is important to start your essay with a thought-provoking question about the legality and morality of abortion. Then, you ought to explain the meaning of abortion from the point of view of physiology. You can focus on the psychological side of this problem in order to illustrate the emotions of the woman who has decided to conduct this operation. Finally, you can say a few words about the controversy of this issue. You will enumerate and explain all the factors related to abortion further.
- Step Two: Observe the Problem from the Side of Ethics and Religion. It will not be a mistake to say that abortion is a murder from the point of view of ethics and religion. Religious organizations say that abortion is a sin, because a woman kills her own child. Of course, you can provide the reader with the solid counterargument. A fetus is not a developed human being, because it cannot survive outside of the womb. Consequently, you do not kill a human being. You kill a certain organism, which does not have its own mind, emotions and independence.
- Step Three: Say about Women’s Rights. One can say that abortion is a woman’s decision. If she is not ready to have a child, she does not have to bear it. Obviously, women have not had the right to choose abortion as the way out for centuries. When a woman was pregnant, she had to bear this problem to the end. She could not think about the interruption of pregnancy, because it was prohibited by the norms of culture. Of course, nowadays there are still many cultures, which prohibit abortion or consider it as a sin. Unfortunately, the point of view of a common woman does not have its solid influence. Many women have unfavorable financial background. They do not have money to support their children; therefore, an unexpected pregnancy is fatal for such women. Finally, a young woman should not be forced to bear a baby if she has not got education or has not built her own career. Every woman has the right for her private life and self-development. An unplanned pregnancy ruins her expectations and hopes for the complete and dynamic life.
- Step Four: Mention the Risks for Health. There are cases when pregnancy causes harm to the woman’s health. In this case, she should decide whether she wants to give birth to her child or die. Evidently, the first option is better, because a woman’s life is more valuable. Moreover, if this woman dies, her child will be an orphan. Fortunately, in the majority of countries, abortion is legal when pregnancy causes risks for a woman’s life.
- Step Five: Say about the Problem of Rape. The best argument, which can persuade nearly every reader, is connected with rape. When a woman is raped and becomes pregnant, she has a solid legal and moral right to interrupt her pregnancy. Naturally, a forced pregnancy is a problem, which requires radical solutions. In this case, abortion is the best way out, because there is hardly a woman who wants to have a child from the man who has ruined her entire life.
Our professional custom essay writing company is committed to provide college and university students with high-quality customized essays in more than 70 disciplines.