What do you know about the roots of racism? How can we solve this problem once for all? Obviously, racism is a very relevant problem all over the world. Racism is a negative attitude towards a person of group of people whose color of skin or ethnicity differs from yours. This topic is very controversial and thought-provoking. No wonder, students are asked to write an essay about racism at school, college and university. They are expected to share their opinion about this issue. Moreover, they should think about the solution of this shameful problem.
Below you will find a few tricks, which will help you invent a good hook for a racism essay:
- Step One: Provide the Reader with the Example of a Real-Life Situation. When you want to hook the reader at once, you ought to begin your essay with the real-life situation, which demonstrates the consequences of racism to the victim of racists. You can find an article from a newspaper and write a brief summary of an accident, which is connected with racism. In addition, you can rely on statistics and write the average annual number of the cases related with racism at school or workplace. It will help you describe the problem in the broadest social context. Finally, you can mention the countries, which are ‘famous’ for the most frequent cases of ethnical abuse and racism.
- Step Two: Invent a Sound Thesis Statement and Introduce the Topic Well. It is of vital importance to brainstorm the best thesis statement, which will help you attract the reader’s attention. Moreover, it should reflect the relevance and importance of the chosen topic. When you write about racism, you can say, “100 million people suffer from racism in the world. 40 million children among them.” This statement will surely hook your reader and he will try to find out the cause of racism and its consequences for a target.
- Step Three: Observe the Cause of Racism. Firstly, write about the roots of racism. Observe this issue from the side of history. Mention about slavery and colonialism. Pay attention to the examples of racism all over the world.
- Step Four: Write about the Effect of Racism. It is important to describe the evils of racism if you want to persuade the reader in the seriousness of this problem. Write about physical, psychological, sexual and financial abuse in order to observe this issue form all possible sides. Racism is not just neglect and abuse. The target is treated in the negative way on the official and domestic levels. Her rights and freedoms are limited. Write about the conflicts with other social groups who belong to another ethnicity. Say that the police are not always able to help a victim in case of attack.
- Step Five: Write about the Description of Racism in Popular Culture. If you want to make your essay interesting, you can mention about racism in the context of popular culture. You are able to write that the problem of racism is mentioned in the definite movies, cartoons, TV shows, etc. The audience will read your essay eagerly if they find connection between your essay and their favorite movie.
- Step Six: Invent a Few Effective Solutions to This Problem. You can impress the reader if you manage to brainstorm several useful and effective methods, which will help people defeat the problem of racism. Do not be radical and fierce in your methods. Try to invent a sophisticated and smart method, which will illustrate your sharp mind and creativity.
If you need professional essay help on racism topics, read more about custom essay writing provided by our academic paper writing service.