Educational process is characterized with the constant need for self-improvement. Students must read books and scientific articles that make their knowledge deeper. However, it is not enough just to read articles. Young people need to understand these texts and absorb useful information from them. Teachers check student’s understanding with the help of a critical analysis paper. A student has to read an article and analyze it critically in the written form. This assignment is quite difficult and requires comprehensive and logical approach.
See how to prepare a great critical analysis paper yourself:
- Step One: Define the Thesis of the Article. Every scientific paper has its definite thesis that makes the entire text sensible. Most often, the author analyzes a specific topic, criticizes it or provides the reader with the genuine opinion about it. If the topic is controversial, he tries to persuade the audience in the truthfulness of his thought. Thus, it is very easy to identify the thesis. It is generally placed in the introductory part of the article. You should think whether the author tries to solve the problem under research and whether his solution is reasonable and realistic. Finally, you must evaluate the originality of his approach. Has anybody investigated this topic in the same way?
- Step Two: Mark the Main Ideas. While reading the article, you should write down all the major ideas that can be found in the text. It will be useful for the analysis of the article’s structure. Then, it is reasonable to identify every unknown term. You will definitely find a lot of them. Use the dictionary and encyclopedias to explain them. If you do not clarify scientific terms, you will never grab the main idea of the text and its value. If you want to check whether you understand the information, you should retell the plot in your own words. If you manage to do it, you will be able to analyze the article successfully. In the end, you can check whether the author has written this text in the understandable way. It is possible to evaluate the author’s professionalism regarding his ability to present complicated information in the simple manner.
- Step Three: Plan Your Analysis. Choose several most noteworthy problems for analysis. Write about the author’s ability to operate facts and analyze the chosen topic well. Does his analysis sound credible? Has he performed the research profoundly? If you want to prepare a critical analysis paper, you should study the problem as well. Pay attention to other authors and look at their achievements. You can compare your author with other experts and draw your own conclusion about his success. It is always wise to organize a critical analysis paper in the logical way. Do not observe it from one side. Try to find both positive and negative sides of it. If there are more negative elements, place the positive ones first and vice versa. You should start from the less important and finish with the more considerable arguments. Be careful while researching a controversial topic. In this case you will need to focus on several minds and authors. Finally, you ought to emphasize the topic’s relevance in order to help the reader understand why so many authors investigate it.
- Step Four: Organize Your Critical Analysis Paper. Write the introduction. This section should contain the title of the article, its author and the year of publication. In addition, you should point at its thesis and the relevance of this topic. Finally, say how many authors analyzed the same problem before. You ought to insert your own thesis into the paper. Your thesis is based on the general evaluation of the article and the author’s work. Secondly, start writing the main body of the critical analysis. Make a brief summary of the article and share a few examples from the text with the reader. You can also say a few words about the article’s structure. Now it is time to start your critique. Choose the idea from the text and express your critical opinion about it. Say whether you support it or not. Try to observe as many points and categories as possible in order to make a detailed and professional analysis. Provide the reader with the logical arguments and counterarguments. Try to sound clearly and logically.
- Step Five: Conclude Your Critical Analysis Paper. When you are through with your critique, express your overall opinion about the article, its relevance and usefulness in the academic society.
At PapersMart writing company you can buy a critical analysis paper online. You will get a superior-quality custom academic paper written from scratch by professional writers.