A movie review is a specific assignment, which has its definite rules of writing. It is preferable to prepare a movie review in APA format, because all social sciences support this standard of writing.
We offer you some useful tips:
- Step One: Get to Know about APA Format. If you want to prepare a good movie review in APA format, you ought to know about its characteristic features. To begin with, make sure that you have set 1-inch margins in your document. Then, you have to choose the right font and its size. APA format supports Times New Roman font with the size of 10 or 12 points. Remember that you have to enumerate every page of your document. It is smart to place numbers on the right-top corner of a page. Bear in mind that the first line of every paragraph should be indented half-inch from the left margin.
- Step Two: Watch the Film and Take Notes. It is very important to watch a movie attentively. You must not watch it for entertainment. You should play the role of a critic who evaluates the movie from all sides. Therefore, you should watch it two times. Firstly, you ought to understand that general idea of the movie. Secondly, you take notes and analyze its slightest details. Pay attention to actor’s play, costumes, decorations and special effects. If your movie is a screen version of a book, evaluate it objectively. If you manage to write down every important detail, you will not need to watch this film once again.
- Step Three: Summarize the Movie and Make a Successful Introduction. You do not need to retell the plot of the whole movie. It is smart to write a brief summary of a movie, which will occupy no more than seven sentences. Next, you need to prepare a good introduction, which will attract attention of the reader. You need to mention the title of the movie, its director, producers and stars. Of course, you should also mention its genre and the year of production.
- Step Four: Analyze the Plot and the Main Characters. You ought to analyze the main idea of the movie and evaluate its characters. You should say whether the film is good of bad and provide the reader with arguments.
- Step Five: Evaluate Technical Effects. You need to analyze the work of a camera operator and designers. Say whether you enjoy decorations and costumes. Say a few words about special effects. Write about the cast. Do actors play their roles well?
- Step Six. Summarize Your Review. Say whether you are satisfied with the quality of this movie and whether you recommend it to your friends.
At PapersMart writing service you can buy a custom movie review properly formatted in APA citation style. You will get a high-quality original review written by academic experts.